ATT - Several projects
As the Senior UX Architect on this project, I was responsible for the user experience and interaction design of several projects for ATT. All these projects related to the sales website for ATT and included both desktop & mobile. This was a remote project, also agile.
See below for prototypes of some of the projects.
Tools used: Omingraffle, Axure.
UX Architect, UX Design, Prototyping, User Research & Interviews
My team was tasked with adding several new features to the online shopping and checkout processes on both desktop and mobile sites.
Some of these projects were:
- Alternate Contact: This feature would enable ATT mobile owners to add more contacts to their account to facilitate easier contact in case of need, as well as for account access and management. See prototype below.
- E911: This feature was required under law. In case a 911 call was placed from a certain ATT form, this feature would allow emergency crews to reach the location accurately and in a timely fashion.
- MDPP: Here an online buyer of a mobile device had the opportunity to buy a discounted multi-device insurance plan. This plan would cover ATT as well as non-ATT mobile devices.
These new features must be made available on both desktop and mobile. And of course, the entire shopping cart and checkout options must be unaffected except for these changes.
- The projects needed first and foremost to become very familiar with the existing shopping cart flows, on both desktop and mobile website.
- The new features would work differently for New vs Existing users so due attention must be paid to that.
- The new designs must merge completely and seamlessly in the existing designs; there should be no customer dissonance.